Friday, January 2, 2009

Something new




We spontaneously chose to take a road trip to Atlantic City on New Year's day. For absolutely no other reason than that I had never been there. We set out late and as we drove, the sun began to set. As it was the first sunset of 2009 I snapped many photos to record the beauty of the moment. 
Once at Atlantic City , we walked about , taking it all in. An unusual place,peopled with unusual folks. I had planned on trying my hand at "gambling" but could find nothing that caught my eye. As I looked around, no one seemed to be "winning". Everyone seemed downright dower. We briefly went out onto the boardwalk and while everything was beautifully decorated and the buildings were amazingly designed (and artistically lit) , there was an unreality about the whole place.

No comments:

Post a Comment