Friday, January 9, 2009

New Years Resolution 2009


New Years 2008: For the first time in my life I did things backwards:I made a resolution. I told some folks about it. And then...I let it "marinate" as some would say. To let something "marinate"  is to allow something to evolve -in it's own sweet time. Like marinating food-you pour liquid & spices over something, mix it up to coat everything, let things sit, stop in every now and again to stir just a bit and one day-voila! Something wonderful happens. The time is right and things come together. My New Years Resolution for 2008 was to create a blog or web site - mainly the idea was to finally create some sort of web presence for myself & my art work. That resolution did not come into being until December 27th , 2008 at 8:05 P.M.-And I kind of like that fact. I did not stress about getting it done. I did not plot & plan endlessly. I did not even really know what I was doing. It all happened rather organically , it all fell together and felt inevitable. That is one good lesson to learn-resolutions are not won or lost on day 1, 51 or 351 . That they happen and work and that they MAKE YOU HAPPY-that is what is important! So,  it is 9 days into 2009 and my resolutions are hovering around me waiting to be spelled out and allowed to marinate. And the resolution that most wants to get spices (energy) and liquid (inspiration) poured onto it and get saturated and stewed (take up residence in some small part of my heart & soul) is: I want to create an Etsy site for my art works. It is exciting to say this...& to begin planning it out. What will I sell, how will I sell it, what do  I need to make and what already exists...hmmmmmmmmmmmm.Let's start with first things first: my lovely flat file: 

1 comment:

  1. I love this way of looking at resolutions...

    and I hope that your Etsy shop plans go well!

    ReplyDelete