Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The BEST


As I sanded and plastered and primed and painted the hellishly hot bathroom tonight I heard some pretty eclectic music coming from my computer. Stopping to come in and check what the heck was going on on the plinth I saw Mike W doing some amazing moves. For an hour. (you might think this easy but last night, the guy who was gonna try skipping rope for his hour gave up in no time-he had one great T-shirt though . )
As I watched Mike move and smile and manage not to fall off , it became clear to me HE was the king of the plinth. And then it happened. "Singing In The Rain" came on & Mike picked up the big white umbrella and did a wonderful Gene Kelly impression-on the plinth no less.
If you are having a down day and need an instant hour of pick me up or if you are alone and feel like dancing-go here and grove to Mike . I so wish I was there to see it in person and I so wish I could be a part of this eclectic art happening going on in Trafalgar Square. Rain or shine. Day or night. 24 / 7- for 29 more glorious days and nights.
Photos to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment