Friday, June 5, 2009

Wild parrot safari in NYC tomorrow !




Speaking of something NEW : I am thrilled to be back at work printing  silkscreens  as the summer semester began this week. 
This weekend I am going on my first " wild parrot safari" in Brooklyn. Almost all of my life there have been sightings  of  these incredible birds in Queens. Rumor had it they came from a crate, broken open at JFK or LaGuardia airport and somehow these tropical birds  adapted , survived & even learned to thrive in "strange"  NYC . By accident, I found this blog and learned that someone actually gives tours of the birds in their habitat. (See here

P.S. This coming Tuesday is Museum Mile here in N.Y.C.-check it out HERE. It is well worth going to as traffic is shut down on that stretch of 5th Avenue and to be able to walk in the middle of the street is rather magical. My fingers are crossed, weather wise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment